Saturday, May 11, 2013

Time to get me some fish and chips

Today I start my 9 day adventure though the UK, I packed up my things, obviously more then I needed for 9 days cause I haven't learned the definition of "packing light" and was off. First a bus to Bratislava, then a plane to Edinburgh, then a bus to the city center and finally a train out to Bridge of Allan where I met Amy, who I will be staying with :)
Ready to GO!
What they actually stamped my passport!?!




After getting off the plane it was so nice to hear everyone speaking English! I remember buying my airport bus ticket to the city and saying to the ticket seller it's so nice to hear English!
The UK are very strict with who enter there territory, I actually got my passport stamped 2 times in one day. I was pretty excited about that.

After arriving at Amy's a family friend from years past that is working on her masters here. We walked to her apartment has some girl bonding and went to dinner. We ate dinner at a really cute diner just about 5 minutes away from where she lives and we split two meals, the traditional fish and chip, and something called haggis, which is some form of sheep, liver, kidney, heart.., or something like that. It was delicious non the less.

Fish and chips!
Afterwards we heeded to the grocery store to grab some breakfast food and wine. We went back to her apartment and had some wine and chocolate and just chatted the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment