Saturday, May 11, 2013

Follow the mob of tourists in London

Friday I headed back into the city for the day to check off the rest of my sightseeing. I walked to the train station from Kylie's and this time it was actually nice out and decided not to rain on me. I grabbed a yogurt and a tea at the cafe before hopping on the train and was off. When I arrived in London I had already missed the changing of the guards ceremony sadly, and I had planned on taking a free walking tour but didn't make it to that intone either. So o was on my own. Lucky just about everyone else on the streets were tourists as well going to see the same things as me.

On the walk to the train station (before it started raining)

I headed to the London eye first, then crossed the bridge to see Big Ben up close and personal. I never bought a map I just followed the streets signs and listened in to other tourists plans. Again it's great to understand almost everyone here, language wise.


London Eye

Gardens 

Beautiful flowers

Thank you stranger for a great picture 


Big ben!

After being completely overwhelmed with people and busy side walks already I continued to Westminster Abby, it was beautiful from the outside but sadly I didn't feel like spending 18 pounds to wait over an hour to go inside, so I just imagined it. After I headed to buckingham palace! Unfortunately I missed the changing of the guards but it was still cool to see the palace.
Beautiful church, not worth 18 pounds and the wait to go inside though
Guards!

Palace gates

Park enterence

Beautiful Flowers!

Then I headed towards Tarfell square, and hay market street. Tarfalgar square had an event going on so it was hard to appreciate all of its beauty but the wheelchair basketball game that was going on was pretty cool to watch. So I grabbed a falafel sandwich from a street vendor and enjoyed the game, and people watching. After I went into the national art gallery but only to quickly walk through it, and use the bathroom.

Passed the ritz on the way
Tarfalgar square

Cute church

Later I walked down haymarket street, and ended up running into the guard house, I went inside and discover st. James park. The sun decided to come out and I strolled though the park, step by step getting more tired but not wanted to head back yet, just too much to see. After taking some pictures and looking back up at the sky, they had turned grey so I decided it would be a good time to start heading back.




Cutest girl feeding the birds in the park

LONDON!

I mean I had to.. I was in London :)



I walked back towards Big Ben and the London eye, I thought about going on the London eye but the line was just ridiculous. And so I watched the street performers got one honey coated nuts, and called it a day.


Big Ben




Once on the train I tried very hard to keep my eyes open. Knowing I didn't want to miss my stop. I walked back to Kylie's from the station one final time and was spent by the time I made it home. Most of her roommates were home and we just lounged on the couch for a while. We had planned to go to a fancy dinner at an Italian place, but had to wait for Kylie's brother to get off the train.

We all took the bus to town and went to zizzi's Italian resteraunt where we ordered wine, pasta, pizza's and had a great time.

We took a taxi back home because it started to rain and some of the roommates decided to have a fun night drinking, I decided to head to bed, and I thought it was hilarious when I got up this morning at about 6:30 a.m. To use the bathroom and they were still up! Wish I had that much eagerly but it just seems to disappear after a day of sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment