Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Productive days

So last time I wrote I think it was Sunday, the days are flying by I can't believe it. Sunday evening I hoped on the U-bahn to go over to a friends for a potluck, so first stop was the store, since I really haven't been grocery shopping I bought some traditional Austrian chocolate, and other pastries for dessert.
Dinner was an eclectic mix of pastas, omelets, crepes, and some traditional chinees food (made by one of the Chinese girls, I have never eaten REAL chinees like this, it was really good). I hope to have a potluck at my place when it becomes nice out. I haven't posted pictures of my apartment yet, but we have an amazing patio that over looks the street and is large enough for a small gathering.

Me and Maggie
Monday was very productive I went to the housing office to sign my contract, then to the authorities to register as a citizen for the next 5 months. I went with Maggie for the day and who know she spoke german! It came in handy when we went to register with the government, they spoke little german, and actually wrote my birthday wrong, so she was able to speak to them and get the correct date.

On our walk though the 1st district (most historic and touristic) we found a ben and jerry's!
WHATT! :)

Then we went to the market and I finnally was able to buy some food for my apartment, very different shopping here then in the states, since you have to get on the U-Bahn to get back to your apartment you have to be able to carry everything you buy. So I choice wisely and was able to have a nice dinner of chicken, pasta, and salad. Also purchase some breakfast cereal, yogurt, banana's and juice.


1.99 for wine?


Purchased semester U-Bahn ticket
WU Student ID


No comments:

Post a Comment