Friday, June 14, 2013

To Florence and the leather market we go

Monday morning we packed up our apartment and heads for the train station. Rome has one of the largest train stations in the world and... We came pretty close to missing our train. They don't put the platform number on the screen until about 5-10 min before departure.

Once on the train Erin and I had assigned seats in different carriages. So I worked on my blog and enjoyed some snacks/ breakfast that we bought on the way to the train station. Once in Florence we headed for our hostel to drop off our bags. It was a little bit of a walk and man was it got out. I was ready for a change of cloths once we got there.

After checking in, we headed into the city first stop food, and we stopped at a very cute restaurant right around the corner from our hostel and had a sit down lunch. I had spaghetti and Erin had seafood gnocchi. Yumm!
Florence!

I'm in love already!
Later we headed across the bridge to tourist central, found the Duomo cathedral. We decided against going up the stairs (500 steps to the top for a view of the city) and went to the park on Tuesday to see the view instead.


Coolest exterior! 
Close up
We finally Made our way to the leather market where we spent the majority of our afternoon! It was awesome, I wish I had more space in my backpack so I could have bought more. :D I ended up purchasing a brown leather purse that will be big enough to put my laptop in and use it for school, and upcoming interviews and whatnot. A real grown up bag. I also purchased my first leather jacket! And I absolutely loveeee it :) I tried on a few at some different shops but was just so overwhelmed. I first tried on a light brown one and I thought I was sold but the price wasn't as low as I wanted it to be so I said I would be back, and I am glad I looked around more.


The jewelry market

Wow..

Statue of David

Statue of Neptune

























One guy was tring to get our attention on the street and I really hate when they do that but after I heard 60% discount for students he had my attention. So I went into the shop tried on a few jackets I liked then he goes I have the one for you, both Erin and I were convinced it was going to be a hideous coat that I would hate. He called it the Shakira jacket because everyone that wears it them looks like her... I was not sold, until I tried it on! I fell in love :)

So much Leather!

MY NEW COAT!

Leather everywhere


Best experience and they shortened the arms for me right there after purchasing.

We explored the rest of the market and worked up an apatite before tring to find some pizza. We dropped our stuff back off at the hostel and them went on the hunt, and it was a hunt. Everywhere was sit down and we just wanted a slice or two of pizza to go. We finally resorted to askiing people that were eating out of boxes on the street where they got there pizzas, there was a trick you go to the restaurant and ask for it to go. It cost 2 euro cheaper as well :) so that is what we did. We enjoyed our pizza in a little plaza near our hostel. Yumm
Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment